Labels

Friday, June 26, 2009

Prison Librarian On The Move


Moving Day for the adminsitrative offices of Correctional Education Libraries








Today was a tiring day. Correctional Education and Adult Learning programs were transferred from the Dept. of Education to the Division of Labor Licensing and Regulation (DLLR). It is a new environment for us as the dept. of Education had been our home since the 70s. The next few weeks our administrative offices will be unpacking and getting acquainted with new guidelines, staff, directors. I always find humor in things. This morning was no exception. The movers were unloading as I drove into the parking lot of my new work location.



After I parked the security guard came up to me. I thought I had parked in the wrong location as he approached with a tentative almost aprehensive look. He asked. " Are you part of the prison staff?" "Yes."I said pleased that he knew about us. " Will the prisoners be coming here?" I was too tired to say something clever like " Only the murders in orange suits." Instead I said no, the cage he saw up front was security for the GED office who transferred with us and who dealt with a lot of traffic from the public.

No comments: